Ben's Gallery

Click here.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Is a Miracle Too Much to Ask For?

I don't think of myself as an awesome pray-er. Most of my prayers aren't much deeper than Audrey's (God Bless Ben!), but I thought I could maybe post a little prayer that we could all say together for our sweet Ben.

He's holding steady. His liver's not great; his kidneys aren't either. His liver won't get better without a new heart; he can't get a new heart without impvovement in his kidneys. We'd hoped the poor function of his kidneys was due to an acute event, but now they think they might be damaged. His levels have not improved, but they haven't declined in the last few days and his urine output is steady.

We're.praying.for.a.miracle.

My mom sent me this article about a woman whose cancer is in remission after praying to Father William Chaminade who was the founder of the Marianist order. (Have you heard of Chaminade College Prep in St. Louis?) Fr. Chaminade has attained two of the three steps to sainthood. If he is credited with another miracle, he would be canonized so my mom thought, and I agreed, that Ben could be his miracle, right? From one local to another!

Here's a prayer for our sweet Ben:

Dear Father Chaminade,
Please watch with us over our sweet baby Benjamin
who is a child of our Heavenly Father.
We ask that you intervene on his behalf;
grant that his kidney's improve and a heart be found
so that he may be restored to that perfect health,
which is our Father's alone to give;
we ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.

(How'd I do? Writing an actual prayer is a lot harder than making them up in my head!)

Say it often and say it loud; it's what Ben needs most right now! We LOVE you, Ben!

1 comment:

  1. I think your prayer is beautiful! I will add it to the other many daily prayers for Ben.

    ReplyDelete